Endive Stuffed with Artichoke Spinach Filling
Inspired by Fast Appetizers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15 minutes
Cooling time: 15 minutes
Assembly time: 15 minutes
3 Belgian endives
1 10oz/295 ml package, frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 12 oz/354 ml tin artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
½ cup soft cream cheese
1 cup grated Mozarella or Asiago cheese
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
1. Separate endive leaves, rinse, pat dry and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C
3. In a medium bowl, combine all the filling ingredients, mixing well.
4. Scrape the filling into a small ovenproof dish and bake until golden on top and heated through – about 15 minutes.
5. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes and put a heaping spoonful in each endive leaf. Arrange on a platter and serve.
Alternative serving ideas:
• Stuff cherry tomatoes – slice off the top and scoop out the seeds, then fill with a spoonful of the mixture.
• For a colorful presentation – fill small radicchio leaves (dark purple and white) as well as endives.
• Add some cream to thin the mixture a little and use it as a dip for pita or tortilla chips
Related links: Food and Drink recipes South Beach Diet shrimp appetizers