Sautéed Scallops & Shrimps on Blueberry & Tender Greens Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
Marinate time: 15 minutes
Sauté time: 5 minutes
Serves 4 - 6
1 lb/ 450 g scallops
1 lb/450 g jumbo shrimp, peeled
1 large clove garlic, minced
½ cup fresh basil, chopped
¼ cup fresh oregano, chopped
Juice of 1 large lemon
½ tbsp coarsely grated lemon zest (about 1/3 lemon)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup baby beet leaves and tender stems
1 cup mixed shoots and other tender greens
¼ cup fresh herbs, coarsely chopped (I used basil, mint & oregano)
¾ cup blueberries
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup sherry vinegar
1 tsp honey
Freshly grated black pepper to taste
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in large zip lock baggie and add the shrimp & scallops. Toss well and set aside on the counter for 15 minutes.
2. Combine all the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Place all the salad ingredients, without the dressing in a large serving bowl and return to fridge until just before serving.
4. Heat a large skillet to high and add the shrimp, scallops and marinade and continue to cook over high heat until the shrimp turn pink (flip them over after 2 minutes to do the other side and toss the scallops as well). The scallops will be ready at the same time. Neither shrimp nor scallops take longer than 5 minutes in total to cook and cooking over high heat will reduce the sauce.
5. Once the seafood is ready, add the dressing to the salad, toss, taste for seasoning and serve.
Some people like the sauce poured lightly over the seafood and have it beside the salad; others just like the flavor of the salad dressing and toss the shrimp & scallops in with the salad. I just have the sauce in a bowl and serve it along side for my guests to choose.
Related links:Food & Drink, salad, recipes:Easy Cooking, seafood,