Related links: Food and Drink recipes Presto Pasta Night Pasta
From Andrea in Germany
For family of 5 (our family is 7 heads so I increased the vegies and topped the noodles to 500 grams, we were full and it tasted great!)
500 g Pumpkin (Hokkaido, Butternut...)
100 g Leeks
1 clove Garlic
300 g whole grain spaghetti
2 Tbls Olive Oil
400 g Tomato pieces (canned, not too much fluid)
3 Tbls sweet cream (whipping cream)
1. Peel Pumpkin and remove seeds with a spoon. Cut the "meat" into small pieces.
2. Wash the leeks and dry. Half them along the length and cut into thin pieces. Peel the garlic.
3. Bring plenty of water to a boil and add salt. Cook noodles according to directions.
4. In the meantime, heat oil, simmer pumpkin and leeks. Press the garlic in and keep mixing the vegetables to avoid them browning.
5. Add salt, pepper and oregano to veggies. Add Tomatos to veggies and mix well, place lid on the pan and simmer at low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. The veggies should be cooked but still firm.
6. Add the cream to the veggie sauce and have a taste. Add spices as needed. Drain noodles and serve hot with the sauce.
Total 1520 kcal/6350 kJ/ 43 g fat/ 223 g carbs/ 55g protien
Great family meal and is called ghostly due to the association north americans have with pumpkins (halloween).
C'est tout and enjoy!