Chorizo, Potato & Mushroom Frittata
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 45-50 minutes
Servings: 4. ( or as part of a brunch – 8)
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup new potatoes, diced with skin on
1 cup cremini mushrooms, thickly coarsely chopped
1 cup baby Swiss chard or beet green leaves and tender stalks, chopped
1 link smoked chorizo sausage, diced small
1-2 cups shredded Italian cheeses like mozzarella, Asiago…the amount is up to you – thin or thick layer of cheese is a personal preference
Smoked paprika to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C
2. In a medium-sized bowl beat eggs with salt and pepper plus 1 tbsp olive oil and set aside.
3. Over medium high heat, sauté potatoes, mushrooms and onions in a small-medium sized non-stick, oven-proof skillet (small pan = thicker frittata; large pan- thin almost open omelet in appearance) until the onions are translucent and the potatoes are mostly cooked through (about 5 minutes). Add the greens and the chorizo and sauté for another minute or two (until the greens wilt) and mix everything up.
4. Pour the eggs over the mixture in the pan. Top with shredded cheese and sprinkle a little smoked paprika over that.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until it’s set in the center and golden on top. If you do choose to do a thinner frittata, you probably will only need 10-15 minutes in the oven.
6. Using a spatula, ease the frittata around the edges and under the bottom to make sure it won’t stick when you slide it onto a serving plate.
Related links: Food and Drink recipes Easy Cooking eggs