Roasted New Potatoes with Rosemary
Adapted from Forever Summerand some TV show Nigella Lawson was on
Prep time: 5 minutes
Roast time: 15-20 minutes (depending on the size of the potatoes)
4-6 new potatoes per person – I like to mix red and Yukon gold for appearance
2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sea or Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
Garlic, crushed (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C
2. Score the potatoes. I know you’re probably wondering what I mean…Place a potato on a wooden spoon and make 3-4 slices almost through, but not all the way through the potato. The spoon keeps the knife from going all the way.
3. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss until the potatoes are well coated.
4. pread out the potatoes in one layer on a lipped (lined for easier cleanup) cookie sheet (or a pyrex or glass baking dish) and roast for 10 minutes or so. Using a spatula, turn the potatoes over so they crisp on both sides and continue cooking for another 10 minutes or until they are soft in the center when tested with a fork.
5. Taste for seasoning and serve.