Mushrooms, Roasted Red Peppers & Rosemary Roasted Ham Frittata
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 15-20 minutes
Servings: 2-4 depending on what else you’re serving
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
¾ cup Fontana cheese, coarsely grated
1 tbsp sun-dried tomato pesto
½ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1 tsp olive oil
1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
1 cup of sliced mushrooms (I used cremini & shitake today)
¾ cup diced roasted rosemary ham (any other deli meat would work here)
½ cup marinated roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped ( I used a fork to remove them from the jar and used just the marinade that clung to them)
1 tbsp all purpose flour
Pepper to taste (sometimes I use some red chili pepper flakes instead to add some kick)
Sweet paprika (pinch)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F/ 190°C
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs with 1 tbsp olive oil, pesto and thyme leaves . Add the cheese and stir just until blended. Set aside until the “filling” is ready.
3. Over medium high heat, sauté onions and mushrooms in a small non-stick, oven-proof skillet until no liquid remains. (5-8 minutes) Add the meat and roasted red peppers and toss until blended and heated through. Add the flour, and pepper and toss until the flour has been absorbed and no liquid remains. (2-3 minutes).
4. Spread the filling evenly around the pan and pour the egg mixture over it. Continue to cook until the eggs just begin to set around the edges. (Just a few minutes)
5. Sprinkle with a little sweet (or smoked) paprika and bake for 15-20 minutes or until it’s set in the center and becomes golden.
6. Using a spatula, ease the frittata around the edges and under the bottom to make sure it won’t stick when you slide it onto a serving plate.