Mongolian Lamb Patties
From: Beyond the Great Wall
Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Marinade time: at least 30 minutes in fridge (can marinate overnight)
Fry/grill time: 10 minutes
Makes 16 small patties or 4 burgers
1 lb/450 g ground lamb
4 large cloves garlic
1 cup scallions/green onions, (white and tender green parts)
2 cups cilantro/coriander leaves
3 tbsp fresh gingerroot, grated/minced
1½ tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
olive oil for frying (if choosing that option)
1. Place ground lamb in a bowl.
2. Drop garlic through the feeding tube of your food processor and process until the garlic is finely chopped. Add scallions, cilantro and ginger to the food processor’s bowl and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped. Add to the ground lamb and combine well.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight.
4. Form patties (size of golf ball and flatten to 2.5” long x 1”thick)
5. Grill or pan fry over medium high heat about 4 minutes per side.
I served them over a salad of Dai style Pea Tendrils