Nigella’s Cranberry, Almond & Honey Granola
From Nigella Christmas
Wonderful sprinkled over yoghurt or as a great muesli cereal with some milk...and a perfect host/hostess gift in a lovely container.
Hands-on time: 3 minutes
Total Baking time: 40-45 minutes
Makes 1.5 quart/litre jar
Stores for up to a month.
8oz/225g rolled oats (not instant)
2oz/60g sunflower seeds
2oz/60g white sesame seeds
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ cup runny honey
¼ cup light brown sugar
2oz/60g whole natural almonds
2oz/60g blanched almonds
½ tsp Maldon salt or pinch of table salt
1 tbsp sunflower, rapeseed or grapeseed oil
5oz/150g (2-2 ½ cups) dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 330°F/170°C.
2. Line a large shallow baking sheet (with rim) with aluminum foil
3. Mix everything except the cranberries in a large bowl. Easiest to use two spatulas to blend the sticky mixture.
4. Place the mixture on the prepared pan and spread evenly. Turn with a spatula half-way through the baking process. As Nigella says “the object is to get the granola evenly golden without toasting too much”.
5. Let it cool completely (remove the foil from the hot baking sheet) before tossing with cranberries.
Store in an airtight container.