Spice Rubbed Salmon
From a la di stasio
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 8-10 minutes
2 tbsp coriander seeds
2 tbsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp white or maple sugar (I used brown sugar)
2 tsp sea salt
4 salmon fillets
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F/220°C
2. Coarsely grind coriander and mustard seeds in a coffee grinder or with a mortar and pestle.
3. Mix the spices, sugar, salt & pepper on a plate or wide bowl and coat the salmon fillets. Let the spices infuse the fish for a few minutes.
4. In an oven-proof skillet (one that can sustain high heat), heat the oil over medium heat on top of the stove. Brown fillets on top and bottom for 1-2 minutes per side. Take care not to burn the spice crust.
5. Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast for 5-8 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
Josée suggests serving with Mashed Potatoes and braised beet salad (also in her book), a green salad or her warm potato salad (in her book and looks very tasty…must try some). I served it with Stuffed Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes.