Leftover Pasta Frittata
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
Leftover pasta, this time (I used 5 Cheese Whole Wheat Tortellini in Tomato Sauce coarsely chopped)
4-5 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp crushed red chili pepper flakes
2 heaping spoonfuls of the left over sauce
1/2 cup coarsely grated hard cheese (I used Romano, but feta would be delicious too)
chopped parsley for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C.
2. Using a small oven proof saute pan over medium high heat, pour a little olive oil in the pan and add the cooked pasta just to heat it through - 2-3 minutes.
3. In a bowl beat the eggs and add the sauce, chili pepper and cheese. Mix well and pour over the pasta in the pan.
4 Allow to cook until the edges are set. You can help the process by gently lifting the sides of the frittata, allowing the liquid to settle at the bottom of the pan. It should still be somewhat wet on top.
5. Bake until the frittata is completely set and the top is golden. (5-10 minutes)
6. Sprinkle with some chopped parsley and some additional cheese and serve.
How simple is that?