From A Tavola!: Recipes and Reflections on Traditional Italian Home
Hands on time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15-20 minutes
6oz/136g dry spaghetti
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
8 oz/200g fresh mozzarella, sliced into ¼” slices
½ cup black olives, pitted and sliced (I like to use salty brined olives)
6 oil packed anchovies
½ dried chorizo sausage, thinly sliced (because my Honey doesn’t like anchovies)
8oz/200ml canned San Marzano tomatoes, crushed by hand
2 tsp Sicilian dry oregano (actually, I used some Greek oregano)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C
2. Boil the noodles according to package directions and drain.
3. In a large bowl, toss the drained pasta with half of the olive oil
4. Lightly oil two small casseroles (I actually used to 8” tart pans with removable bottoms) and press the pasta into the pans so they are in an even layer.
5. Place the mozzarella slices on top of the pasta, top with anchovies (or whatever your preferred pizza topping is). Add the crushed tomatoes, olive slices, oregano and the last of the olive oil.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until all the cheese is melted. Serve very hot. (I removed the sides of the tart pan and served it as a pizza on a plate.