Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
From The Everything Cookies and Brownies Cookbook
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 10-12 minutes
Cooling time: as long as you can hold out
Makes 44-48 cookies
1/3 cup peanut oil (I used almond oil, simply because that was in the cupboard and peanut oil was not)
1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tsp almond extract
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup chopped almonds
1 ½ cups chocolate chips
½ cup dried cherries
1. Preheat oven* to 375°F/190°C Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream together oil, butter, egg, sugars, almond & vanilla extracts.
3. In a separate bowl stir the flour, baking soda and salt together. Beat into butter mixture
4. Fold in the nuts, chocolate chips and cherries.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoons (I used my small ice cream scoop that is actually larger than a teaspoon…just baked them 2 minutes longer) onto the parchment lined baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes.
6. Allow to cool a few minutes in the pan before removing to the wire racks. Then let’s see how long your family will hold out.