Orange Cranberry Oat Cookies
From All the Best Recipes:
Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 10-15 minutes
Makes 3 ½ dozen
1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp corn syrup
1 tbsp grated orange zest
3 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
1 ½ cups dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF/180°C and line baking sheets with parchment.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
3. You can do this next step in a bowl using a wooden spoon or hand mixer or, like me, you could use a stand mixer with flat paddle. Beat the butter and brown sugar until blended. Add the egg and beat well. Beat in the corn syrup and orange zest. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until blended. Stir in the oats and cranberries. Mix well.
4. Drop the dough by the tablespoon (I actually use a small ice cream scoop) about 2” apart on prepared baking sheets. Press flat and bake in a preheated oven until golden and slightly firm to the touch (about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size).
5. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then transfer cookies directly to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: You could change things up a bit by adding chopped nuts or chocolate chips instead of or in addition to cranberries. Just make sure the total equals 1 ½ cups.