Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Roasted Tilapia Chanticleer
Adapted from Creative Cooking – Fish & Other Seafood (out of print)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 4-5 hours
Roasting time: 15 minutes or so
4 tilapia fillets (the cookbook actually calls for haddock, but any white fish will work wonderfully)
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup shallots, chopped
¼ cup fresh Italian/flat leaf parsley, chopped
¼ cup Dijon mustard
½ cup Gruyere cheese, grated
½ cup Panko bread crumbs
¼ tsp each - dried thyme, rosemary, oregano
2 tbsp butter
1. Sprinkle fish on both sides with salt & pepper. In a small dish, combine lemon juice, shallots, mustard and parsley. Pour over fish and marinate for 4-5 hours in the fridge.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C.
3. Place fish in a buttered baking dish. Sprinkle the top with cheese.
4. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and herbs and sprinkle over fish. Dot with butter and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish fillets. It should be white in the center, flaky and juicy.
5. Turn the oven up to broil and continue to cook until the topping is browned. Serve at once.