Apple & Horseradish Glazed Salmon
Adapted from Cooking Light , May 2004
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork
1/3 cup apple jelly ( I used the last of my favorite apple sage jelly from Tangled Garden plus a little basil wine jelly to make up the difference)
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
2 tbsp prepared horseradish
1 tbsp champagne vinegar
½ tsp kosher salt, divided
4 (6-oz/170g) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick), skinned
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
2. In a small bowl, combine jelly, chives, horseradish, vinegar, and ¼ tsp salt, stirring well with a whisk.
3. Rinse salmon and pat dry. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet (one that is oven proof at 350°F or use a heavy bottomed stainless steel pan) over medium heat. Add salmon, and cook 3 minutes. Turn salmon over; brush with half of apple mixture.
5. Bake for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Brush with remaining apple mixture.
Serve with a simple salad or, as above, some potatoes boiled with garlic and then mashed with butter, chives, salt and pepper to taste.