Balsamic Vinegar Marinated Skirt Steak
Inspired by Lillyann's recipe on GroupRecipes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour on counter or 24 hours in fridge
Grilling time: 2 -4 minutes per side
Resting time: 5 minutes
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (I ran out so… ¼ cup bv & ¼ cup red wine vinegar)
2 tablespoons light-brown sugar
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Coarse salt and ground pepper
2 lb/1kg skirt steak, cut crosswise into 4 equal pieces, membrane removed
Oil for grilling
1. In a resealable plastic bag or shallow dish, combine vinegar, sugar, garlic, rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, coarse salt, and pepper.
2. Remove the thin membrane on the underside of the skirt steak. Use the tip of your knife to start the process and then just use your fingers to pull it away from the meat. Pierce meat all over with a fork; add to marinade, and turn to coat.
3. Let marinate at room temperature at least 15 minutes, or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day.
4. Heat grill to high – everyone’s favorite way would be to BBQ, but, if you’re like me – grill pans are the best alternative. Lightly oil grates or bottom of pan. Remove steaks from marinade, allowing excess to drip off. Grill steaks 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
5. Transfer to a plate; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let rest 5 minutes. Slice across the grain as you would for flank steak. It is, after all a very muscular and tough cut.
I served it with a simple mixed green salad with Citrus Vinaigrette- awesome meal.