Adapted from Cuisinart
Prep time: 15 minutes
Marinate: at least 1 hour (I did it overnight)
Grill time8-10 minutes
Serves 4 (or if you’re like us – 2+ a little left over)
1 skirt steak, membranes peeled off, cut into 3-4 pieces
2 huge cloves garlic, crushed
1” piece of fresh ginger, grated
¼ cup canola oil
¼ cup sesame oil
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup Hoisin sauce
1-2 tbsp Asian chili sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp honey
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large zip lock baggie and add the skirt steak. Marinate for at least one hour on the counter or overnight in the fridge.
2. Allow the meat to come to room temperature before grilling - about one hour.
3. Preheat the grill until very hot. Remove the steak from the marinade and cook for 4 minutes per side on high.
4. Remove from the grill and rest for (5 minutes in the fridge or place on a cutting board, cover with foil for 15 minutes on the counter). This finishes the cooking and relaxes the meat. I used to think this was a waste of time, but trust me, it really does make any meat more tender and juicy.
5. Slice across the grain and serve.