So good they were devoured before any photos! My Honey said they're addictive...We all agree
From The Complete Whole Grains Cookbook
Hands on time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 25 minutes
Cooling time: at least 30 minutes
Makes 25 squares
2 cups old fashioned (large flakes) rolled oats
½ cup all purpose flour
½ cup whole wheat flour
¾ cup packed Demerara or other raw cane sugar
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 cup cold butter, cubed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C
2. In a food processor, combine oats, flours, sugar, baking soda and salt. Process for 30 seconds. Add butter and process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle with vanilla and pulse until blended.
3. Press dough evenly into an ungreased 9”x9” square baking pan.
4. Bake until the edges just begin to brown… about 25 minutes.
5. Place pan on a wire rack on the counter and using a serrated knife, score the top to form 25 squares. Allow to cool completely (about 30 minutes) and recut the squares.
6. Remove from pan and serve.