Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
13oz/375g short pasta ( I used fusilli)
1 tbsp olive oil
7oz/200g raw shrimp, peeled & deveined (If your shrimp are frozen, quickly thaw them under running water.)
1-2 tbsp olive oil
4oz/140g grape tomatoes
freshly ground black pepper
2-3 sprigs fresh thyme
2 tbsp olive oil
2-3 large cloves garlic, minced
2-3 tbsp fresh herbs - I used Italian/flat leaf parsley, thyme leaves, oregano, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
2 large handfuls baby arugula
2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
2-3 tbsp pasta cooking water
1-2 pinches of red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Boil and salt a large pot of water and cook your pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water for the sauce.
- Roast tomatoes in 400F/200C oven or toaster oven with a few sprigs of thyme, a grinding or two of black pepper. (5 minutes or so)
- While your pasta is cooking: Heat a large skillet over medium heat and saute the shrimp in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once they've turned pink, add the garlic, wine, herbs, lemon juice & zest and toss until the arugula is wilted. Bring to a boil and reduce the sauce to about 2-3 tbsp.
- Add the drained pasta and a little pasta water if you need more "sauce". Taste for seasoning and add some chili pepper flakes if desired.
- Toss and serve. I should have sprinkled some fresh chopped basil at this point but I forgot... delicious anyway.