Adapted from Canadian Living
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 20-45 depending on whether you make muffins (and the size of the muffins) or loaves
Cooling time: 10 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C
2. In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In separate bowl, blend sugar with oil; whisk in egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
4. Stir into dry ingredients along with rhubarb, blueberries & pecans just until flour is incorporated.
5. Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tins, filling three-quarters full, or spoon into two greased 8- x 4-inch (1.5 L) loaf pans. I made 18 muffins and used my trusty ice-cream scoop.
1. Combine sugar, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
2. Bake in oven for 20 to 30 minutes for muffins (depending on the size), 40 to 45 minutes for loaves, or until cake tester inserted into centre comes out clean.
3. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to let cool completely.