Mix & Match Meals and lots of recipes I've "Pinned"
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves 2 -4
8oz/225g soba noodles ( I used whole wheat & buckwheat)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger root
1-2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, chopped
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced across
1 bunch kale (I used young purple kale), stems removed & leaves coarsely chopped
1-2 tbsp sesame oil
1-2 tbsp honey
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
1-2 tsp Asian chili sauce
2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
2-3 tbsp pasta cooking water (I actually just used tongs to transfer the noodles to the skillet which brought water with it)
- Boil and salt a large pot of water and cook your pasta. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water for the sauce.
- Drain pasta and return to the pot.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until they both start to brown
- Add the garlic and ginger, toss for a minute and add the chicken, honey, soy and chili sauces. Toss and cook until the chicken is coated with the sauce and add the chopped kale.
- Cook until the chicken is no longer pink and then add the cooked pasta. I just used tongs to transfer the soba from the pasta pot to the skillet.
- Toss and taste for seasonings