Adapted from Allrecipes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1lb/450g large shrimp, raw & peeled
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 - 1 tsp Zaatar Blend from Epices de Cru
1 bunch purple kale, stalks discarded & leaves coarsely chopped
8oz/200g Barilla whole grain thin spaghetti broken into 1" pieces
1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, pressed or chopped finely
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
pinch or two, red chili pepper flakes (or more if you like things spicy)
1/2 cup or more freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chiffonade ( stack leaves and roll like a cigar & thinly slice across)
1. Sprinkle the peeled shrimp with Zaatar and set aside
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium heat and saute kale for 3 minutes or so.
3.Push the kale to the edges of the pan and place the shrimp in a single layer over bottom of skillet for 1-2 minutes, until one side is browned. Flip and cook for another 2 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
4. Remove shrimp & kale from skillet and set aside.
5.In same skillet, add 1 tbsp oil and broken spaghetti and toss to coat the spaghetti with oil. Cook, stirring constantly for 3-5 minutes or until the spaghetti is golden. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
6. Increase the heat to medium high and add 1/2 cup chicken broth.Stir until the liquid is absorbed (about 3-5 minutes) Repeat the process until all the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is tender.(10-12 minutes), stirring frequently.
7. Remove skillet from heat and stir in shrimp, kale mixture, red chili pepper flakes, basil and cheese.
8. Toss well and serve.