Adapted from A Couple in the Kitchen pinned a while ago
Hands on time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1lb/450g large scallops
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1 cup orzo pasta
1 garlic clove, pressed or chopped finely
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh mint ribbons
1 cup lightly steamed asparagus
1. Combine salt, pepper, spices and sugar in a Ziploc bag and toss in scallops to coat.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3.Sear the scallops in a single layer over bottom of skillet for 1-2 minutes, until one side is browned. Flip scallops and cook for another 2 minutes or until the scallops are cooked through.
4. Remove scallops from skillet and set aside.
5.In same skillet, combine orzo, garlic, chicken broth and wine. Stir well and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat to medium low and cook 10-12 minutes, stirring often, until orzo is cooked through and the sauce has become creamy - I actually had to add 5 minutes to the original directions.
7. Remove skillet from heat and stir in scallops, asparagus and lemon juice. Cover and let stand 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
8. Sprinkle with lemon zest and freshly chopped herbs before serving.