Tuesday, November 06, 2012
From Every Kitchen Tells Its Stories
Prep time: 15 minutes
Roasting time: 45 minutes
2 lb top round, blade, flat iron or sirloin, 1” thick (½ lb / person)
4 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil or butter
Sauce: (makes 2½ cups)
½ cup ketchup or American chili sauce
¼ cup white or apple cider vinegar
¼ cup water
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp dry mustard
2 tbsp brown sugar
Garnish: 1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Heat a skillet on high and sear meat on both sides (2-3 minutes per side). Transfer to a large oven-proof dish.
3. Sauté mushrooms in olive oil or butter (5 minutes).
4. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sauce, and pour over seared meat and mushrooms.
5. Bake for 45 minutes.
6. Sprinkle parsley as garnish
Lovely served with sweet potatoes (for a quick & easy way to "roast" a sweet potato -see step 1 here) and a side of Crispy Brussels Sprouts & Pancetta