Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Marinating time: 1-24 hours
Grill time: 10 minutes
Rest time: 5 minutes
1 skirt steak trimmed of silvery layer over meat
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp good olive oil
1 large clove of garlic finely sliced (I use a micro plane slicing plane ) or crushed
1 tbsp fresh herbs (I used fresh oregano, thyme,rosemary from my window sill garden)
1/2-1 tsp Piri Piri spice blend
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Strip the skirt steak of silvery layer using a very sharp knife. It makes a tough cut into a "melt in your mouth" cut. Make shallow slices across the grain on both sides but only deep enough to to be noticed.
3. Use a large zip lock Baggie and place the steak flatly in it. Pour the marinade evenly over each side & massage well. Seal the Baggie and refrigerate until 1 hour before grilling. It should be at room temperature when you grill.
4. Grill over high heat for 5 minutes per side
5. Remove from grill and cover with foil for 5 minutes to relax the meat.
Great served with a simple salad.