Prep time: 15 minutes
Roasting time: 20 minutes
Rest time: 5 minutes
8 large eggs
1/2 cup table cream
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
2 fresh chorizo sausages, casings removed
1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1 medium Yukon gold potato, thinly sliced (best if you can use a Mandolin. Super thin slices cook faster)
1/2 cup shredded hard cheese - my first choice is Manchego, second Jack or cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 375F/190C
2. Whisk eggs with cream in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. In a 10" oven proof skillet (I prefer cast iron, but any heavy bottomed will do), heat the oil and sausage meat. Cook, breaking the sausage meat into small clumps, until browned (about 3-4 minutes).
4. Add the onion and potato slices cook, stirring frequently so potatoes don't stick, until the potato slices are fork tender (about 5 minutes).
5. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage, potato mix and tilt the pan so that the eggs are evenly spread. Sprinkle cheese on top.
6. Bake in the oven until the cheese is melted and the tip of a knife stabbed in the center comes out clean (about 20 minutes.
7. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving to really firm it up.