Thursday, January 30, 2014
Chef Jason Lynch's Grilled Flank Steak
From Chef Jason Lynch's Straight from the Line
Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 24 hours
Grilling time: 10 minutes
Rest time: 5 minutes
1 large flank steak
1 tsp black peppercorns (or sometimes I add Sechwan peppercorns)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 cup canola oil (I used less)
1/8 cup white wine
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
1. Place flank steak on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, carefully remove silver skin (thin white film running over the meat). I lightly slash the flank steak across so the marinade can penetrate further.
2. Place all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and whisk together. I like to place the marinade and flank steak in a large zip lock bag, Chef Jason places the meat in a flat bottomed dish and pours the marinade over the meat. Marinate in the fridge overnight.
3. Preheat grill to very hot. Grill or pan sear to medium rare 4-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the flank steak. Remove from grill.
4. (My addition: cover and let rest for 5 minutes or so)
5. Thinly slice across the grain and serve.