Thursday, August 21, 2014
Roasted Sweet Potato Stacks
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Roasting time: 20-25 minutes
Resting time: 5 minutes
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1-2 tbsp chopped herbs ( I prefer thyme &/or rosemary)
Grinding or two of black pepper
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese plus some to sprinkle on the stacks when you take them out of the oven
2 long slim sweet potatoes (about 225g/8oz each), peeled and thinly sliced in circles (I used my mandolin set at 1/8th inch Note: the slimmer the potato the better. Too wide and the slices won't fit into the tins properly.
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C
2. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, coconut oil, herbs, pepper and Parmesan.
3. Peel and thinly slice sweet potatoes in disks and add to the butter mixture in the bowl. Toss well. I like to use my hands to make sure all the slices are coated.
4. Oil large muffin tins with cooking spray or olive oil on a paper towel. Places stacks in each tin. They will shrink down so pile to the top.
5. Bake in center of the oven for 20-25 minutes. Test with a fork. The stacks are ready when the sweet potatoes are tender.
6. Take the muffin tins out of the oven, sprinkle with more cheese and let the stacks rest for 5 minutes or so. The cheese topping will melt and the stacks will be easier to take out of the tins.