Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Griddled Eggplant Roll-ups with Feta, Mint & Chili
Griddled Eggplant Roll-ups with feta, mint & chili
From Vicious Ange
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Makes 6-7 rolls
1 large eggplant, cut thinly, lengthways, into about 6-7 slices
2-4 tbsp olive oil
125g/4oz feta cheese
½ -1 large red chili pepper, finely chopped, deseeded or not, depending on how much heat you want
1 bunch fresh mint, finely chopped, with some saved for sprinkling over at the end
Juice of ½ lemon
1. Preheat the barbecue or griddle to a high heat.
2. Brush both sides of the eggplant slices with the oil, and cook them for about 2 minutes each side until golden & tender.
3. Crumble the feta into a bowl & stir in the chili, mint & lemon juice and grind in some black pepper.
4. Pile the end third of each slice with a heaped teaspoon of the mixture & roll each slice up as you go to form a soft, stuffed bundle.
5. Place joint side down on a plate & sprinkle with a little more mint. Add any remaining filling around the rolls.
Related links: Food and Drink recipes vegetables