Hoisin Chicken Wings
From Every Kitchen Tells Its Stories
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total Baking time: 30 minutes
2 lbs chicken wings
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp *Chili garlic sauce
2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
½ cup Hoisin sauce
¼ cup Ketchup
1 tsp Sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Line shallow baking sheet (with rim) with aluminum foil and set cooling racks over foil.
3. Cut and discard wing tips. Separate wings at joints
4. In large bowl mix the rest of the ingredients. Add wings and toss to coat
5. Place wings skin side up on rack in single layer. Spoon extra sauce over wings
6. Bake uncovered in center of oven for 20 minutes. Increase heat to 450F/230°C and continue to bake uncovered until glazed (10 minutes or so)
This would be great done with chicken fingers (just breast meat sliced crosswise) instead of wings if you want to cut down on fat. Reduce baking time dramatically for chicken fingers. Probably requires at most 10 minutes total. Check for doneness after five minutes.
* chili garlic sauce can be found in the Asian section of your market.
Related links: Food and Drink recipes chicken appetizers