Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ada's Crisp Biscuits



Ada’s Crisp Biscuits
Adapted from Food That Really Schmecks

Hands-on time
: 5 minutes
Total Baking time: 12 minutes
Makes 12-14 biscuits

Ingredients:
2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup margarine
¾ cup milk
2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 400° F/200°C

2. Mix all the ingredients in the order they’re given (I used a stand mixer, but I think you could just do this with a fork).

3. On a floured board, roll the dough out to ¼“. Cut into rounds (I used a drinking glass like my mother used to do).

4. Bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil (just for easy clean up) for 12 minutes.

Serve them hot – they’re great with stews among other things.


Related links:

No comments: