Roasted Mushrooms & Asparagus Pepper Pasta
Inspired by recipes from Food & Wine Magazine's Quick from Scratch Herbs & Spices CookbookPLUS Reader's Digest How-To Book of Healthy Cooking
Prep time: 20 minutes (mostly for boiling water for pasta)
Roasting time (mushrooms & asparagus): 5 minutes
Final cooking time: 5 minutes
8oz/226g dried pasta (we had tortellini on hand, but any will kind will do)
4 cups mushrooms (cremini or a combination of cremini & shitake), sliced
4 cups asparagus spears, coarse ends removed and spears cut into 2-3” pieces
¼ cup or so extra virgin olive oil
½ - ¾ cup Parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
3 tbsp anchovies, chopped
2 tbsp garlic, minced
Lots of freshly ground black pepper
Sea salt to taste
1. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente (8-10 minutes depending on the type of pasta). Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a lipped baking sheet with foil.
3. In a large bowl, toss the mushroom slices and asparagus pieces with olive oil, pepper and salt to taste.
4. Spread them in a single layer on the baking sheet and cook until the mushrooms are golden and the asparagus turns a lovely dark green but are still crisp. If either the mushrooms or the asparagus are done before the other, remove them.
5. In a large skillet, sauté the garlic and anchovies in some olive oil for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Add the mushrooms & asparagus and toss.
6. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl, add the mushroom asparagus mix and grated cheese. Toss and add more salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a simple green salad.
Related links: Presto Pasta Night Food and Drink food blogging eventRecipes Pasta