Heavenly Herb Rolls
From: More Bread Machine Magic
Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Bread machine time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Resting time: 30-45 minutes
Baking time: 12-15 minutes
Makes 12-14 rolls
Ingredients: Make sure you place the ingredients in the order given. This recipe is for a medium loaf which for my bread maker means 1½ lb (680g) loaf
1 cup milk
3 tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
1½ tsp sugar
¾ tsp salt
3 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup chopped onion
¾ tsp dried dill
¾ tsp dried basil
¾ tsp dried oregano
2 tsp active dry yeast (I used the one for bread machines)
1. Place all the ingredients – IN ORDER into the bread machine. Select Dough setting and press start. (My machine takes 1 hour 20 minutes).
2. While the bread machine is doing its thing, line a large baking sheet with lightly oiled parchment paper. (I hate cleaning up.)
3. On a lightly floured surface, gently roll and stretch the dough into a 14”/ 36 cm log. Using a sharp knife, divide into 12-14 pieces and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Cover with a warm, damp cloth and let rise in a warm oven for 30-45 minutes. Tip on warming the oven: turn the oven on to warm for 1 minute (or preheat at lowest), then turn off the oven and place the covered dough in to rise.
5. Remove the pan from the oven, pre heat the oven to 425°F/220°C. Once the oven reaches the appropriate temperature, remove the cloth and place the baking sheet back into the center of the oven.
6. Bake until golden brown on top (12-15 minutes). Remove and serve warm.
Related links: Food and Drink easy cooking Bread Machine recipes bread