Chorizo, Mushroom & Spinach Frittata
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 15-20 minutes
Servings: 2-4 depending on what else you’re serving
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp fresh oregano
4 tbsp (or as much as you want) goat cheese (I used local cayenne & garlic flavored from Ran-Cher Farms, picked up at the farmers' market)
1 tbsp roasted red pepper pesto
black pepper, freshly ground
1 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, coarsely chopped
1 cup of sliced mushrooms (I used cremini today)
½ smoked chorizo sausage
handful of baby spinach leaves
Smoked paprika (pinch)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F/ 190°C
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs with 1 tbsp olive oil, pesto and oregano. Add the cheese and stir just until blended. Set aside until the “filling” is ready.
3. Over medium high heat, sauté onions, mushrooms and chorizo in a small non-stick, oven-proof skillet until no liquid remains. (5-8 minutes) Add the spinach and toss until wilted (2-3 minutes).
4. Spread the filling evenly around the pan and pour the egg mixture over it. Continue to cook until the eggs just begin to set around the edges. (3-5 minutes)
5. Sprinkle with a little smoked paprika and bake for 10-15 minutes or until it’s set in the center and becomes golden.
6. Using a spatula, ease the frittata around the edges and under the bottom to make sure it won’t stick when you slide it onto a serving plate.