Parsley, Garlic And Parmigiano-Reggiano Stuffed Artichokes
From We're Never Full
Prep time: 30 minutes
Total cooking time: 45-60 minutes
Serving portions 8-10
5 Artichokes – (½ to 1 per person (I like them small, they’re more tender)
5-6 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
3/4 cup of parmigiano reggiano
about 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F/180°C.
2. Boil some water in a large pot or Dutch oven
3. Remove the outer layers of the artichoke. Trim the rest of the artichoke leaves but snipping off the sharp edges with kitchen scissors.
4. When water comes to a boil, slice your lemon in half and squeeze the lemon juice into the water along with the lemon half. Use the other half to rub on the exposed surface of the artichokes to keep them from getting black. Place your whole artichokes in the water and boil for 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool a bit.
5. After it’s done boiling, remove from water,. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
6. Combine garlic, parsley and cheese in a small bowl. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Cut cooled artichokes in half and remove the hairy and sharp ‘choke’ from both halves. Put artichokes in a baking dish and “stuff” between the leaves with the garlic/parsley/cheese mixture. Spoon some in the well of the sliced artichoke. Drizzle with additional olive oil.
8. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the artichoke is soft in the middle with browned edges.