Thursday, April 10, 2008

Roasted Sesame Salmon

Sesame Salmon
Adapted from Healthy Cooking for the Jewish Home

Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 10 minutes
Roasting time: 10-15 minutes (depending on the size of the fillet)

Serves 4

Ingredients:

1- 1½ lb/453-680g salmon fillets
Dressing:
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
4 tsp mirin (sweet Japanese wine – actually I didn’t have any so I used Chinese rice wine and added a little more sugar)
2 tsp sugar (because of the drier wine, I used brown sugar rather than white)
1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated

Toasted sesame seeds

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F/225°C
.
2. Combine the wine, soy sauce, sugar and ginger in a small bowl and set aside.

3. Place the fish on a foil lined, rimmed baking sheet (my addition to avoid cleaning up). Drizzle a little of the dressing on the fish, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds (my addition to an already great recipe) and roast, uncovered for 12-15 minutes. It’s done when the fish turns a lighter pink and flakes easily.

Keep warm or set aside to cool.

Actually, Faye Levy, the fabulous author served the salmon over boiled spinach, drained and excess water squeezed out. Then the cooked spinach is laid next to the salmon on a platter. Sesame seeds plus more dressing is poured over both. I didn't have spinach on hand, so I steamed these lovely yellow beans and sprinkled them with lemon juice and coarsely chopped basil.

2 comments:

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I have been looking at your salmon recipes and so far, I want to make every one of them. I make salmon, once a week, usually. I can go for , at least a month, just visiting here.

Now, you are my "go to" lady for salmon and pasta.

Ruth Daniels said...

I blush and thanks!