Monday, January 12, 2009

Puerto Rican Ajilimojili

Puerto Rican Ajilimojili
From: Herbs & Spices: The Cook's Reference

Hands-on time: 3 minutes
You can keep it in the fridge for 3-4 weeks

Makes1½ cup

Ingredients:
3 hot red chili peppers (I’m a baby when it comes to spicy, so I just used one red jalapeno pepper, seeded
3 red sweet peppers, seeded (I only had one, so I just scaled back the lime juice & oil)
4 black pepper corns (or coarsely ground pepper)
4 large cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp salt (I cut down on that)
2/3 cup lime juice
2/3 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil

Directions:

1. Roughly chop the peppers and then place in a food processor with the pepper, garlic and salt. Add the lime juice and olive oil and process until smooth.

2. It keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 weeks.

I loved it over pan or oven roasted tilapia, but it will work well with any fried, grilled or roasted fish or meat.

No comments: