Monday, April 05, 2010

Creamy Dill Salad Dressing

Creamy Dill Salad Dressing

From Salad Dressing 101: Dressings for All Occasions (originally from Norene Gilletz's Food Processor Bible which is sitting on my shelf and I never thought to look!)

Makes 1 ½ cups

Printable Recipe

Prep time: less than 5 minutes

Note: it actually tasted even better the next day. Will keep in the fridge for a week and tastes awesome as a dressing for grilled or roasted fish. And perfect as a dip.

Ingredients:
2-4 cloves garlic
¼ cup fresh dill (1 tsp dried)
1 cup mayo (next time I might try ½ mayo, ½ yoghurt)
6 tbsp vinegar (this time I used white wine vinegar)
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Using a food processor fitted with a steel blade, drop the garlic and ill through the feed tube while the machine is running. Process until minced and then add the remaining ingredients and process until blended.

I actually just threw everything in together. It’s quite a flavorful dressing, so I’d go with romaine or simply cut chunky vegetables like cucumber, red peppers, tomatoes….and toss.

No comments: