From Healthy Starts Here
Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 1 hour to overnight
Cooking time: 10 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165F/°74°C
6 large cloves garlic, crushed/minced
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp canola oil (olive oil would work well too)
1 tbsp dried oregano leaves (I prefer Greek variety)
½ tsp cracked black pepper
1 lb/450g boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1. Whisk together everything except the chicken.
2. Place the chicken in a ziplock bag and add the marinade. Seal the bag and massage the chicken to make sure it’s well coated on all sides. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
3. Preheat your grill (this time I used my Cuisinart Griddler since it was too rainy for the BBQ). Take the chicken out of the fridge while the grill is heating up to allow it to come to room temperature before grilling.
4. Remove chicken from the marinade (discard the rest of the marinade) and place on the grill. Cover (or in my case with the Griddler, I just pressed the chicken with the top part of the Griddler) and cook. No need to turn the chicken if using a Griddler, but for BBQ, turn the chicken after 5 minutes. It should take about 10 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165F/°74°C.
5. Remove from grill and allow the chicken to sit for 5 minutes to rest.
I like to serve this with a simple salad.