Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 2 hours on the counter to overnight in the fridge
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Rest Time: 5 minutes
1 skirt steak (flank or hanger steak are wonderful alternatives)
1 cup Manischwitz sweet red wine (or Port or other sweet red wine)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Prepare the skirt steak by peeling off the thick membrane layer on both sides. Cut off any extra fat or silvery membrane. Cut into 2-4 pieces for easy grilling.
2. Place all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour into a large zip lock baggie and add the steak, making sure that both sides are covered with the marinade. Seal and place on a rimmed cookie sheet...nothing worse than having to clean up spilled marinade!
3. Allow the meat to marinate for at least two hours. If you are leaving it in the fridge overnight, allow it to come to room temperature (at least 30 minutes) before grilling.
4. Prepare the grill, which should be very hot to sear the flavours & juices in (2 minutes per side). Lower heat and continue to cook 3 minutes or so per side or until the steak is cooked to your liking.
5. Place the cooked steak on a large platter, cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes or so to become even more tender.