Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes (or until the toothpick comes out clean)
Makes 16-18 muffins (depending on the size of the muffin pans)
1. Pre heat the oven to 375°F/190°C and spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk buttermilk, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients.
4. Stir just until batter is combined. Add chocolate chips and gently mix into batter. Be careful not to over mix the muffin batter. Place batter into prepared pans.
5. Bake in preheated oven 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of muffin comes out clean.
6. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.