Hands-on time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 30 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes or so
1 store bought baked pizza crust
2 tbsp basil pesto (or any pesto you love)
1/2 - 1 cup broccolini, blanched
1/2 - 1 lb raw shrimp (if yours are frozen, defrost by placing them in cold running water for 5 minutes)
Juice & zest of 1 lime
1 tbsp good olive oil
1-2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 - 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro/coriander leaves, finely chopped
Preheat at 450-500°F/230-260°C for at least 30 minutes (and since my oven is slow to reach the optimal temperature, I give it even more time) so timing is everything. If you’re not using a pizza stone, I would still preheat the pizza pans to give the crust a really good crispiness, but you probably only need 10-15 minutes. Lay the stone or baking sheet on the lowest rack for electric, on the floor of your oven for gas ranges
2. Prepare the marinade, by adding all the ingredients to a medium sized bowl. Defrost the shrimp & pat dry. Add to the marinade and let sit on the counter for about 30 minutes (the time needed to properly preheat the oven and the pizza stone).
3. Place the pizza crust on a pizza paddle to easily maneuver it onto the pizza stone. No pizza paddle... use the underside of a cookie sheet.
4. Spread the pesto over the crust and place the drained, marinated shrimp over the pizza - as many or as few as you like. Add some broccolini and drizzle with just a little olive oil.
5. Transfer to the pizza stone in the oven and bake until the edges of the crust are golden and the shrimp are pink - about 10 minutes.
6. Remove pizza using the pizza paddle and place directly on the cutting board. Let stand for 2 minutes and, if you choose, drizzle with a little more olive oil and a sprinkling of red chili pepper flakes if you like more heat.
Slice and serve.