Thursday, February 07, 2013
Potato & Goat Cheese Pizza
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 10-12 minutes
1 pizza crust (when I'm in a hurry to too pooped to make my own, I buy ready baked pizza crusts and keep a few in the freezer)
1/4 cup good extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed or crushed
1 medium potato, very thinly sliced
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
soft goat cheese ( how much is up to you)
1. Preheat the oven to 450F/220C and place a pizza stone in the middle of the oven ... better if you have one but no worries if you don't just heat a baking sheet.
2. In a small dish or the measuring cup you measured the oil, combine olive oil, rosemary and garlic. Set aside.
3. Very thinly slice one medium potato. I use a mandolin and then let the potato slices sit in cold water for 5 minutes. Dry the slices and set aside.
4. Once the oven is preheated, if you're using the pizza stone, let it stay in the oven for another 10 minutes before baking the pizza.
5. Pizza assembly: place the pizza crust on a pizza paddle or bottom of a baking sheet so that you can slide the pizza directly on to the stone. Brush the pizza with the olive oil mixture, place a layer of potatoes, sprinkle with onions and dollops of goat cheese.
6. Slide onto the pizza stone and bake for 10-12 minutes, until potatoes are cooked and goat cheese melted and a little golden.