Tuesday, July 23, 2013
Citrus Spicy Grilled Shrimp
Prep time: 5 minutes
Marinating time: 20-30 minutes
Grill time: 10 minutes
1 lb/450 g extra large shrimp, peeled & deveined (21-30 count)
1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
Juice & zest of 1 lime, 1 lemon & 1/2 orange
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Dionysios Wild Herb Blend
2 tsp Tlalelolco Spice Blend
Large chunks of your favorite grilling vegetables like:
large mushrooms, quartered
sweet red peppers, seeded & chunked
hot red peppers, thinly sliced
red onion wedges
young snap peas in their pods
or anything else crunchy that you love
fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl and remove half to another bowl
2. Add the shrimp to one bowl and the vegetables to the other. Toss and allow to marinate.
3. Heat the grill and grill basket at the same time. You want the cooking surface to be very hot - like a wok
4. Saute the vegetables, tossing occasionally until the vegetables char slightly and soften. Then add the shrimp and toss. Cook until the shrimp are pink (about 5 minutes).
5. Remove to a serving platter and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
I served it over cooked quinoa but it would be great with pasta or rice. Not to mention being great cold for a picnic lunch.