Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Spicy Smoky Lip Smackin' Ribs


Printable Recipe

Prep time: 15 minutes
Roasting time: 45 minutes

Serves 4

Ingredients:

1-2 racks of back pork ribs (depends on how meaty they are)  beef ribs work too!
Rub:
¼ cup packed brown sugar
2-3 tsp Tlalelolco Rub from Epices de Cru, Sensational!
3 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp powdered mustard (my favorite is Keen's Mustard)
Chipotle Chili Sauce
1 cup American-style Chili Sauce (I like Heinz - always takes me back to my childhood & my mother's shrimp cocktail and secret ingredient for her meatballs)
2 tbsp honey
1/2-2 tbsp chopped chipotle chilies in Adobo.   
NOTE: (once I open a tin, I pulse the chipotle in the Adobo and measure 1 tbsp portions on stretch 'n seal plastic wrap, cover with another layer of wrap, place on tray and quick freeze for until hard,  roll/fold wrapped  portions & place  in zip lock baggie.  Store in freezer and peel off as much as you need, whenever you need some)


Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C and line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place a wire rack on top so fat will drip away from the meat.

2. Prepare the rub: mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and then rub over both sides of ribs. 


3. Prepare the sauce: mix all the ingredients in another bowl.  Taste for seasoning, making it as mild or spicy as you like.


4. Place ribs on the rack, meaty side up, baste with sauce and roast for 45 minutes - 1 hour.  Baste every 20 minutes or so to keep them moist. 


This time I served it with classic sides:  home made fries in my T-fal Actifry; and an old favorite - Asian Broccoli Coleslaw.  


No comments: